Microsoft and Accenture Support Sustainability and Social Impact-Focused Start-Ups in ANZ Through Project Amplify
Joint initiative helps local start-ups scale as they focus on innovation with impact
SYDNEY – 17 March 2022 – Microsoft and Accenture (NYSE: ACN) are collaborating to support Australian and New Zealand start-ups focused on sustainability and social impact. The joint initiative, called Project Amplify, provides hands-on support and technologies to help social enterprises develop proof-of-concepts, scale emerging solutions, and refine their business models.
Nine ANZ start-ups have joined Project Amplify and will receive access to digital technology, mentoring and collaboration opportunities with Microsoft and Accenture experts, as part of a structured one-year program.
Sustainability is a focus for many of the start-ups which are exploring how cloud, data and artificial intelligence (AI) can be harnessed to help organisations meet their sustainability targets, reduce waste and optimise operations.
For example, givvable helps businesses find, source and verify a supplier’s sustainable, social and circular credentials; 4ZeroTechnologies is working on sustainability digital twin solutions; Build-Apps is helping commercial real estate organisations leverage their data to ensure they meet United Nations sustainable development goals; and Sustinent is a biotech tackling problematic green waste on an industrial scale.
Brett Shoemaker, director sustainability, Microsoft ANZ said, “Driving sustainability across all sectors of the economy is one of the great challenges of our time. It is a great privilege to work with Accenture and these young businesses as they strive to deliver innovation with impact. Project Amplify has been designed to streamlined access to leading digital technologies and skills, as well as expertise and global networks that will support these Australian and New Zealand businesses as they bring their ideas to life, focused on improved sustainability and social impact.”
Scott Hahn, senior managing director and Technology lead for Accenture Australia and New Zealand said, “Start-ups in ANZ are finding innovative ways to solve critical sustainability and social challenges but need support to scale their solutions and amplify their reach and impact. Bringing together Accenture and Microsoft’s global experience, extensive talent ecosystems, and access to technology and best practices, we can help to significantly improve access, equality, inclusion, education, health, sustainability, and the environment.”
The following nine ANZ companies selected for the program have demonstrated how their product, service, and operations address a significant social or environmental problem and have shown early signs of impact:
- givvable – a platform to search, scan and verify sustainability credentials, attributes and initiatives of new and existing suppliers - anywhere in the world.
- 4ZeroTechnologies - a sustainability digital twin that allows organisations to track sustainability inputs – including electricity, fuel, and water usage – across a supply chain and compare them to targets.
- Build-Apps – a platform to help commercial real estate businesses own, control and govern their data to achieve sustainability goals.
- The Clinician – a healthtech focused on driving more sustainable healthcare by improving efficiencies and treatment outcomes while reducing costs.
- PlanCare – supports older Australians receiving government funding to access the social care and support and care they need.
- Sustinent – a biotech that converts problematic crop residues (stalks, hulls, husks) into value-added bio-commodities, such as gourmet mushrooms and nutritionally enhanced stockfeed.
- FarmLab – agronomy and carbon project management software designed to help keep track of soil data to inform on-farm decision making.
- AskDora – uses AI to streamline health communications saving time, money and stress.
- PlayLunch Games – a game-based learning platform to help children learn and appreciate the power of maths.
- AgUnity - a global technology platform that empowers the thousands of organizations working to address UN SDGs with a cost-effective means for connecting with and supporting remote people in a truly meaningful way.
This ANZ Project Amplify cohort is part of Project Amplify’s recently expanded efforts to support entrepreneurs across Asia Pacific with solutions focused on sustainability, healthcare, education and agriculture. The initiative has a long-term goal of accelerating the regions potential and improving millions of lives by addressing diverse societal challenges.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at accenture.com.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more.