INFRONEER and Accenture to Collaborate on Pioneering Management Model forConstruction and Infrastructure Industry
Data-powered technologies and automation will accelerate shift to "intelligent operations”
TOKYO; April 27, 2022 – INFRONEER Holdings, a Japanese infrastructure services company, and Accenture (NYSE: ACN) have signed a partnership agreement and business process outsourcing contract to enable INFRONEER Holdings to transform its management model for the construction and infrastructure management industries. Infrastructure management industries include those that are involved in the construction and maintenance of facilities that support social services.
Under the agreement and contract, INFRONEER Holdings’ construction and infrastructure management business will introduce automation and data-powered technologies, such as SynOps, Accenture’s innovative human-machine operating engine that combines data, applied intelligence, digital technologies and talent to help organizations transform operations. The concessions business, a particular strength for INFRONEER Holdings, is covered in the scope of the project. The application of SynOps will accelerate an ongoing shift to intelligent operations, enabling dramatic operational improvements through the optimal integration of digital technology with business processes, thus realizing a new management model for the industry.
Infrastructure management is indispensable for Japan’s future growth. It is also imperative that the industry develop sustainable ways of doing business. Therefore, the two companies have also agreed to apply the extensive data and knowledge that INFRONEER Holdings has cultivated in the infrastructure management business to Accenture’s digital technologies such as AI and cloud computing. This will support the creation of a platform capable of improving sustainability across the entire industry.
- Promote digital transformation (DX) across the entire INFRONEER group, including sales, design, estimates, procurement, construction, project management, cost control, and maintenance management, with the aim of realizing data-driven management
- Optimize employee working hours by organizing, standardizing, digitizing, and automating various operations. This will transform the organization into one that is capable of performing high value-added and profitable tasks and roles. And implementing shared services to further improve productivity and value-added productivity
- Construct and operate a command center for integrated management of data and operations in INFRONEER Holdings’ infrastructure business
- Foster collaboration between INFRONEER Holdings’ main R&D facility, ICI Center in Toride, Ibaraki Prefecture, and the Accenture Innovation Hub in Tokyo
- Encourage the formation and commercialization of infrastructure businesses that support Japan’s efforts to become carbon neutral
- Jointly initiate procurement reforms throughout the entire life cycle with a view to the introduction of carbon foot printing at INFRONEER Holdings construction sites and concessions
- Use digital technology to clearly visualize indicators such as CO2 emissions and resource reuse rates to achieve zero emissions
- Introduce digital technologies that can make the workplace safer and more secure for construction’s aging workforce and facilitate the transfer of skills to younger workers
Kazunari Kibe, director representative executive officer, president and CEO of INFRONEER Holdings, said, “This initiative is an innovative step for the infrastructure and construction industries, which have lagged behind other sectors in digitization. It will serve as a benchmark for the industry as it progresses into the digital age. INFRONEER Holdings’ mission is to challenge the status quo and find innovative ideas to deliver the most suitable services to the world. We are confident that this collaboration with Accenture, a global leader in digitalization, will enable the industries to make great strides not only in Japan but around the world, creating a pillar of growth for the Japanese economy.”
Atsushi Egawa, who leads Accenture’s business in Japan, said, “We look forward to collaborating with INFRONEER Holdings to drive transformational change by promoting concessions as well as construction across these industries. By combining both companies’ deep industry knowledge and data with digital technologies such as AI and cloud computing, we will help transform INFRONEER Holdings’ management model into the most sophisticated and pioneering platform in the industry. I am confident that this initiative will contribute to a more prosperous society that will last far into the future."
About INFRONEER Holdings
Name: INFRONEER Holdings Inc.
Head office: 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8151 Japan
Establishment: Oct.1, 2021
Director Representative Executive Officer, President and CEO: Kazunari Kibe
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services – all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
# # #
+81 45 330 7157
Copyright © 2022 Accenture. All rights reserved. Accenture and its logo are trademarks of Accenture.